There was a stretch of time, that seemed very long to me, where I had nothing to really blog about. I was newly pregnant, sick all the time, not really working. In short, I was kind of boring and just trying to make it through each day. Now, I feel a lot better and because of that I have been able to do more fun things and more worthwhile things to blog about.
We live in the city. There are thousands and thousands of people, buildings, houses, cars, trees, everywhere. You can't see the sunrise or the sunset. You can't see passed a coupe blocks because of all the barriers. Granted, there are just a lot of trees in general in Minnesota so even when you get out of the city, you can't always see very far. But, I really wanted to get out of the city and observe nature, experience fresh air and some wide open vistas. I am from the desert and because of that, I miss being able to see for miles and miles in any direction.
Down to the fun part... James took the day off of work yesterday as an extension for celebrating our anniversary (oh, our cake is still in the fridge, oops) We drove an hour or so Northeast to a place called Interstate State Park. It sounds industrial and possibly like you may be looking at a freeway system, BUT don't fear, it was a beautiful area full of nature and minimal freeways. It is in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, hence the name. We drove in to the Wisconsin side where more trails and space are. The leaves are beginning to change for fall and it was a perfectly cool, autumn day. I loved getting out of the city and walking around with James. There is something magical about nature that helps you find peace, refreshment, and God.
We headed back to the city life around 1:45pm and although it was a short day, it was well worth the drive and blissful morning. Of course I took pictures, thanks for wondering:
 |
| Driving through the park |
 |
| Drinking a juice box |
 |
| St. Croix River |
 |
| We took the typical smiling pic, then James said "let's take one more" and this what he had up his sleeve. awwww |
 |
| Pothole formed by the last Ice Age |
 |
| James was laughing because I reminded him of his dad, taking landscape pictures |
 |
| Just think, in 5 months, we will be parents! |
 |
| Our view for lunch |
 |
| We got free apples from seminary that morning, I bought apple juice and applesauce. It was an apple kind of day I guess! |
Beautiful! I love the leaves changing, that's one thing you don't get down here unless you really look for it. I'm glad you got to get out, it is so refreshing!
ReplyDeleteOh man! This place is BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad that you go to get out into nature... I love it!
ReplyDeleteThat place looks awesome!
ReplyDelete