Weekend Trip
I come to write a new blog, then I realize that all of my lovely friends have updated their blogs. 30 minutes later, I return to focus. :)
On April 13 we left Minneapolis around 4:00. I picked up James and we headed East on I-94. James' parents drove from California to meet us and some relatives in Indianapolis. I had never been to Wisconsin, Illinois, or Indiana so this trip was exciting!
On April 13 we left Minneapolis around 4:00. I picked up James and we headed East on I-94. James' parents drove from California to meet us and some relatives in Indianapolis. I had never been to Wisconsin, Illinois, or Indiana so this trip was exciting!
We keep 3 pairs of sunglasses in the car. James put on his pair of choice, as did I. I told James I loved this shirt so he wore it for me. Cutie.
Despite a killer sinus headache, I was having a good time. Turned out that this day was the beginning of a long stretch of being sick, I can barely say I feel normal and healthy again. I am done talking about my issues, now to talk about fun things!
Indiana is beautiful! It was really windy this day, but we accomplished everything we wanted to. The main purpose of the reunion was to bring Marion Showley's ashes to this cemetery. (There is no "a" in cemetery, I will remember that) This little place was on a small hill, in the middle of some fields, with very little population. It was really pretty! Here are some of Jon's (James' dad) cousins, James' parents and James looking at the headstones. Many of their family members were here.
We went to what used to be "Showley Park" at Lake Bruce. James' great-grandfather built the house and buildings on the property. FYI I was a lot more interested in the Showley family history when it dawned on me that this will be my children's family history! I felt more connected to the whole family after that revelation!
Did I mention James' parents drove in Jon's Corvette?
We ate pizza in Chicago (well North of Chicago) at Giordanno's, thank you Sam for the recommendation! I loved the pizza. I want it right now. And I think this is the coolest picture I have ever taken.
And one random picture for good measure. My new running shoes and motivation to stick to the exercise plan. We also got roller blades. So fun! Although I could still be better at sticking to my exercise plan and I don't think any new purchase could help with that.
So fun! I think it's funny how we almost had the same pair of running shoes... we are still connected Cami! haha Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you went to Giordanno's! And that you liked it! Thanks for trusting me with your food consumption once again!
ReplyDelete