Artistic Desires
So I am taking an online class and I had to write a poem. I don't think it turned out too bad, but I do want to fix the wording a little bit. Someday soon hopefully.
The busting out at the seams
of my very soul, would
seem to fly away some days
as a dove or butterfly.
My thoughts run free and rampant,
I reach to grab their tails
and when I seldom lay hold
they take me so far away.
A place where I am at peace,
A place where I can stay
and let my deepest dreams
emerge, never to be put away.
I stared at the computer for 3 hours trying to do a test. Well I did the test, not just tried. Anyways, it was beautiful outside today. The sky was dark, but not too dark. Green grass and trees, a rich forest green. A light breeze, the scent of rain. Never actually rained though. I love it.
The busting out at the seams
of my very soul, would
seem to fly away some days
as a dove or butterfly.
My thoughts run free and rampant,
I reach to grab their tails
and when I seldom lay hold
they take me so far away.
A place where I am at peace,
A place where I can stay
and let my deepest dreams
emerge, never to be put away.
I stared at the computer for 3 hours trying to do a test. Well I did the test, not just tried. Anyways, it was beautiful outside today. The sky was dark, but not too dark. Green grass and trees, a rich forest green. A light breeze, the scent of rain. Never actually rained though. I love it.
I never read this. It's beautiful.
ReplyDelete