Scribble
Do you ever feel like a big scribble inside?

I do. And yes, today was one of those times. Baby not sleeping well (still..), other child constantly pushing buttons, trying to pack for a trip, clean the house, feel sane, etc
Good news, it can be erased. Or untangled. Sometimes slowly, gradually. Sometimes quickly and with little effort. A change of perspective, a prayer said, a nice walk, or napping kiddos.
What can I do in these moments? My mind is going a million miles per hour, my voice is raised much more than I would like, I have little patience. I am just going to write a list to help my future self remember some things I can do to undo that scribble inside my chest.
How to Undo My Scribble:
- go outside
-exercise
-get together with a friend
-ask a friend to take a child for a couple hours
-talk to husband
-read scriptures
-pray
-sing hymns
-play a game with children
-write
-take a nap
You know, I need to follow that last piece of advice. 3 nights of terrible sleep is definitely not helping my scribble. I should take advantage of the sleeping kids and recharge myself at the same time. That is usually a great idea!

I do. And yes, today was one of those times. Baby not sleeping well (still..), other child constantly pushing buttons, trying to pack for a trip, clean the house, feel sane, etc
Good news, it can be erased. Or untangled. Sometimes slowly, gradually. Sometimes quickly and with little effort. A change of perspective, a prayer said, a nice walk, or napping kiddos.
What can I do in these moments? My mind is going a million miles per hour, my voice is raised much more than I would like, I have little patience. I am just going to write a list to help my future self remember some things I can do to undo that scribble inside my chest.
How to Undo My Scribble:
- go outside
-exercise
-get together with a friend
-ask a friend to take a child for a couple hours
-talk to husband
-read scriptures
-pray
-sing hymns
-play a game with children
-write
-take a nap
You know, I need to follow that last piece of advice. 3 nights of terrible sleep is definitely not helping my scribble. I should take advantage of the sleeping kids and recharge myself at the same time. That is usually a great idea!
Comments
Post a Comment