Be a Good One
Last night I got into bed around 9:45 pm, which is amazing for me because I tend to go to bed too late. Instead of trying to fall asleep right away I felt that I needed to write in my journal.
I have kept a journal since 6th grade. It keeps me sane, helps me focus and reflect, and I sometimes like to read previous entries and learn from myself all over again without having to relive the experience. Last night I just started writing about how my life is pretty easy. I mean, there are no hard things in my life right now, and it made me so grateful for that. I then reflected on times in my life that were not so easy, where time itself seemed to drag on (or go backwards,) and stress awaits at every turn. Those are not desirable periods in life, but they are necessary.
Those uncomfortable periods coincide with personal growth, character development, and refinement. Of course it is easy to be a good person and do the right things when all is well, it is infinitely more difficult when life is hard (mentally, physically, emotionally, etc) I think those are the critical moments where you can prove to yourself and God, the kind of person you are. Are you going to give up or are you going to muster every ounce of strength and overcome?
While reflecting on these truths, I began writing about my gratitude for Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice. He suffered everything I have and will experience, and because of that, I know I can overcome anything with His help. It is really hard to explain the transformation that has taken place deep in my soul, but I believe He also healed me physiologically, mentally. He helped me gain a new perspective and a better way of thinking. For that, I must be thankful each day.
I am not sure why I felt to testify of these things today, and I am not sure how to conclude such a post, or transition to a different subject as I intended. I will end by saying we are all doing well. James was sick for about a month with the stomach flu, then another virus, but he is pretty much all better now. T is growing and growing. I am just trying to be a good _______. Fill in the various roles here: wife, mother, homemaker, Young Women leader, swim teacher, friend, sister, daughter, etc
I have kept a journal since 6th grade. It keeps me sane, helps me focus and reflect, and I sometimes like to read previous entries and learn from myself all over again without having to relive the experience. Last night I just started writing about how my life is pretty easy. I mean, there are no hard things in my life right now, and it made me so grateful for that. I then reflected on times in my life that were not so easy, where time itself seemed to drag on (or go backwards,) and stress awaits at every turn. Those are not desirable periods in life, but they are necessary.
Those uncomfortable periods coincide with personal growth, character development, and refinement. Of course it is easy to be a good person and do the right things when all is well, it is infinitely more difficult when life is hard (mentally, physically, emotionally, etc) I think those are the critical moments where you can prove to yourself and God, the kind of person you are. Are you going to give up or are you going to muster every ounce of strength and overcome?
While reflecting on these truths, I began writing about my gratitude for Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice. He suffered everything I have and will experience, and because of that, I know I can overcome anything with His help. It is really hard to explain the transformation that has taken place deep in my soul, but I believe He also healed me physiologically, mentally. He helped me gain a new perspective and a better way of thinking. For that, I must be thankful each day.
I am not sure why I felt to testify of these things today, and I am not sure how to conclude such a post, or transition to a different subject as I intended. I will end by saying we are all doing well. James was sick for about a month with the stomach flu, then another virus, but he is pretty much all better now. T is growing and growing. I am just trying to be a good _______. Fill in the various roles here: wife, mother, homemaker, Young Women leader, swim teacher, friend, sister, daughter, etc
![]() |
| Abraham Lincoln |

Cami. Thank you for sharing this! It is so true... Be a good one. We should talk soon!
ReplyDeleteLove you! <3
ReplyDeleteGreat post and insights, Cami. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete"like"
ReplyDelete