It's Go Time
It's time for...
- A Christmas heart
- Lord of the Rings
- Pumpkin Pie
- Our honeymoon
- Vacation
- Family Time
- Exercise
- A blog update
Today was testimony meeting at Church. Our Bishop's wife bore a lovely testimony and something she said has stuck with me all day. She said she used to ask for a Barbie, or new clothes for Christmas, but she is glad she is smarter now. She now asks God for a Christmas heart, to really feel God's love and to be grateful for the Savior. There is nothing better to ask for Christmas. I want a Christmas heart this year, too. Although, funny side note, James has put 3 presents for me under the tree. I have no idea what they are but he is really excited for me to open them. And I can't wait until he opens the gift I got him! (Yeah, I just have one, but it's awesome!)
Last night we were going to have a party at our house. I bought some more apple cider (I made some a few days ago), Christmas-y plates, Danish butter cookies, ingredients to make delicious nacho dip, and made pumpkin pies. I have now made four pumpkin pies, homemade is way better than the can of Libby's easy pumpkin pie mix! But it snowed a lot yesterday and our friends decided not to brave the roads. It turned out to be good, I got to watch Lord of the Rings. I've never seen it before! We only watched an hour and 40 min though because I was falling asleep, so like me to fall asleep. I can't wait to watch the rest of it!
On December 17, only 13 days away, we are flying to Salt Lake! We will be going snowboarding, visiting temple square, and other great things! After about a week in Utah, we are flying to California and we'll spend Christmas in Visalia with James' family. I am excited to spend time with them and get to know them. Weird to think that all the sudden I have family that I don't really know, but I am looking forward to this :)
So, I haven't been very good about exercising and I want this to change! It's a lot harder now that I can't just walk to the BYU-Idaho center and run around the track. It is too cold for me to run outside. Luckily, our neighbors have an elliptical that they said I could use. I want to be in shape, and I want to have a brighter perspective and countenance. Yep, this is something I need to do.
Here is a pic of one of the first pies I made. It was good!
I really love our living room now. It feels more like home with couches and a Christmas tree really helps too!
Merry Christmas everybody!

COME TO IDAHO TO VISIT!!! haha Have fun you two! Good job on the pie it looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteAlso you should follow my wellness blog to help you with your exercising!
ReplyDeleteI love that after the exercise paragraph, there's a big picture of a half eaten pumpkin pie. haha I love you! Stop growing up okay. Molly said you sound more married than her... but not really. She's fully married just like you. You guys are equally married. I hope you guys are having a lot fun. I loved your letter! Have fun with the new half of your family but know all the other half is missing you!!
ReplyDelete<3 Kelli