The Most Fortunate Event
James and Cami Showley :)
That just sounds awesome. I want to write this blog to update you all on the recent happenings of my life. And yes, to update you on the most fortunate event that can happen, eternal marriage! September 17, 2011 was the lucky day. I don't have copies of the wedding day pics yet, but I do have the pictures that we have taken on the camera that James' sister got us for a wedding gift. Kathy, you are awesome!
Minneapolis, Minnesota. Yeah, who ever would have guessed!? It is beautiful here! Each house has it's own distinct look and character. This is our house, it's a duplex. Our neighbors are way cool, too! This house was built in the 20's. I just have to share all of the beautiful and cool things about this house. A tour via photographic images of course!
Walk up through the front door an a red covered porch will be found! Look at this old mail slot, now we just have a boring one on the front of our house. Although it's still cool, the mail man actually has to get out and walk to the doorstep, they don't get to relax and simply reach their hand out to the mailbox. I think since all the cars park on the sides of the road it would be impossible to have regular mailboxes. Things are different here in Minnesota, and I just think it's awesome!
Here is the back of the front door. I realize that I do not have a picture of the living room. Please forgive me, I don't feel like getting up, getting the camera, taking the picture, taking the memory card out, putting it in the laptop...etc. Sam, isn't that the tactic those ridiculous info-mercials use? "It is so difficult to dust with a rag! The dust flies everywhere and blocks your lung passages, etc. Buy the new dust rag with a handle!" Or something silly like that. Anyway, James got these chairs at a yard sale for $10 each, and they are pretty comfy.Veeerry gooood! (Dora voice)
Now, look closely at the doorknob in the picture above, it is suh-weet! These knobs actually reminded me of the movie "A Series of Fortunate Events" if you've seen it ya know what I mean ;) They just add an intricate, beautiful touch to the house. And every doorknob is like this: bedroom, closets, and bathroom!
This is the window in the living room with some lace curtains. They were here when we got here, but I think they look whimsical with the high window, so cool! What is this some kind of alternate reality!? I'm so happy here, and as far away as we are from everyone I know, I feel pretty much at home here. I think it has a lot to do with my husband. Husband, yeah that takes some getting used to, but I am okay with that!
Now, now, this is like the first day we came home so excuse the random boxes/suitcases all over. It's now clear and you will shortly see the awesome bookshelf we got for $50. James is a good deal-finder, he is just so good :) Anyway, look at this awesome dining room! I love the arches an the wood floor and the crown molding, and just look at the china hutch in the corner. James, you found a great place!
The awesome bookshelf James found on Craigslist! James is very organized, this fact makes me so intrinsically happy. He even set up the filing cabinet, complete with labels for each folder. Hooray!
Alright, on to the kitchen! I think I have spent more time in this room than any other in the house lol But it's fun! I made bread in the bread machine Kathy gave us. Again, Kathy you are awesome, thank you! I have made dinner almost every night, and I love it! Thank you to some great roommates who taught me very useful skills.
Here is the hallway right next to the kitchen. There is the fridge on the left (and some random things that are not there anymore), the door to the basement and backyard, the bedroom door straight ahead, and the bathroom on the left. James found a good spot for the knives on a nail that was already in the wall. Since we cant use tacks or nails, I have been using the foam sticky thingy's. I really don't know what they are called. Oh, and that clothes hamper is now in the bedroom. And on the right wall way at the end...
There's a laundry chute! This is James' favorite thing about the house! We actually use it too!
The bathroom! I love the sink. I also love the shower curtain, like a lot.
Here is our lovely bed. We got the bed frame from IKEA, which is like the coolest store. We put it together ourselves, hey I think we make a wonderful team! Yes, that quilt has baseballs on it. James' sister made it for him a while back. We did buy a down blanket and cool duvet cover to go over it, but it's not cold enough to use it, not yet at least. People are seriously trying to freak me out about the winters here. People, I have many coats, I have a house to live in, and James to cuddle with. Do they think I am planning on living and working outside all winter? I don't know, it just gets old when I tell people I am from New Mexico. I have made it three winters in Rexburg. Once it gets below zero, it's just cold. I think I will be okay.
Random tangent yes, but my whole blog is a random tangent!
Happiness! I am so glad I found James, I love being married to him. I love this weekend, too. General conference, waffles, blogging and spending time with James. Weekdays are busy but on the weekends we get to spend all day together!! I love him so much!
Oh I love this so much!!! This is like the perfect house for you! I love you guys! Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny! I love you and I miss you! I read this with Katie and Carina, their comments follow.
ReplyDeleteCarina: "Aww she's so happy! and it makes me happy!"
Kate: "They look so happy! Okay, so does he just have a whole wardrobe of sports shirts? 'Cause it was the Philly's, the Twins', and now the A's."
Minnesota??!! Holy cow! You look super happy--I'm excited for you and the adventure of being married. The only thing that tops it is having kids! :) Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteWahoo!!!!!!! I am so, so, so happy for you!!! James! Hat's off to the man who can choose THE house! I love it!
ReplyDeleteCold? I've never been any place colder than Rexburg...except downtown Chicago, on Michigan Street with the wind blowing off the lake - so cold. If you can survive a Rexburg winter you can survive anything :)
Plus, being married makes everything doable :)
I love you!
Yay for you cuteness! Enjoy your wonderful newly wed happiness :) I can't believe how adorable your house is...a little jealous you are already living in a house :) It was great to talk to you the other day! I'm so glad you are so happy!
ReplyDelete