9 Days and Counting :)
So, what is a girl to do when her wedding is 9 days away? Well, I don't know, but this girl is:
1. Ready to be with James again
2. Preparing to be a wife and have a full time job
3. Finishing all the small details for the wedding, with lots of help from wonderful family and friends!
Let's just go through the list! James has been in Minnesota since August 6 (I think) and now it has been a month and 1 day since I have seen him in person. We Skype often so that helps! I can't really explain it, other than being with him is just better. I feel happier, whole, and completely content when I am with him. I'm so lucky! He is so wonderful. I just have to share the cutest story. James moved in to the duplex we are renting last week. As he was putting things away he realized the closet in our room wasn't very big, at all. As he was showing me the house via Skype, we got to the kitchen and then he says "okay, we are in the kitchen... and here is my closet" What! He put his clothes in a closet that is in the kitchen so that I could put my clothes in our bedroom. Oh my gosh, James, you are so considerate! He said that way I didn't have to leave the room to get my clothes. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever.
Oh my gosh, everything is almost ready for the reception! I can't believe it. This was absolutely the most fun part. Being able to think of cool ideas, and with lots of help, seeing that become realized has been so fun. I took bridal portraits with DeAnn Payne and they were amazing! I can't post until after the wedding though :) I can't wait to see the gym all decorated, I think it will look pretty snazzy.
I was going to write a blog about how all of the popular songs on the radio these days are either inappropriate or just stupid, but I thought that wedding things might be more interesting at this specific time in my life... So instead of my opinion on dumb songs, you can see what is happening behind the scenes of James and Cami's wedding! Oh, and if you haven't checked it out, our website is wix.com/williamscami/showley
I know that is a weird URL, I couldn't figure out how to completely personalize it, so there ya have it.
1. Ready to be with James again
2. Preparing to be a wife and have a full time job
3. Finishing all the small details for the wedding, with lots of help from wonderful family and friends!
Let's just go through the list! James has been in Minnesota since August 6 (I think) and now it has been a month and 1 day since I have seen him in person. We Skype often so that helps! I can't really explain it, other than being with him is just better. I feel happier, whole, and completely content when I am with him. I'm so lucky! He is so wonderful. I just have to share the cutest story. James moved in to the duplex we are renting last week. As he was putting things away he realized the closet in our room wasn't very big, at all. As he was showing me the house via Skype, we got to the kitchen and then he says "okay, we are in the kitchen... and here is my closet" What! He put his clothes in a closet that is in the kitchen so that I could put my clothes in our bedroom. Oh my gosh, James, you are so considerate! He said that way I didn't have to leave the room to get my clothes. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever.
Prepare to be a wife!? Oh my goodness, I feel so blessed. My homeward is amazing. So many wonderful women who are great examples of being a great wife and mother. These awesome, delicious cupcakes were made with love. No joke, one of the ladies that helped make food for my bridal shower hand made the little toppers that say "eternity" on them. Talented, loving, disciples of Christ, hard-working, and diligent. I have learned something from each of them. I only hope I can implement some of their good habits and attributes. At first I thought it was crazy that my job was from 7am to 4pm but then James reminded me that that's what adults do, they go to work. Ha, I guess I am used to working 10-20 hours and going to school at the same time. Well, now I am finished with school (at least for now) and it's time to get a real job. Although this isn't yet a real job, it's getting close.
Oh my gosh, everything is almost ready for the reception! I can't believe it. This was absolutely the most fun part. Being able to think of cool ideas, and with lots of help, seeing that become realized has been so fun. I took bridal portraits with DeAnn Payne and they were amazing! I can't post until after the wedding though :) I can't wait to see the gym all decorated, I think it will look pretty snazzy.
I was going to write a blog about how all of the popular songs on the radio these days are either inappropriate or just stupid, but I thought that wedding things might be more interesting at this specific time in my life... So instead of my opinion on dumb songs, you can see what is happening behind the scenes of James and Cami's wedding! Oh, and if you haven't checked it out, our website is wix.com/williamscami/showley
I know that is a weird URL, I couldn't figure out how to completely personalize it, so there ya have it.
You can't see it too well, but I was excited when the milk's expiration date was September 17 :)

How adorable are you. I got your invite in the mail this week. Love it. You two are so cute together. One question...where are you registered my dear?
ReplyDeleteOh Cami! I am so very excited for the both of you! I can just feel how happy you are and that makes me very happy! Love you and wish I could be there!!
ReplyDelete