Beethoven's "Life" Symphony
Last semester I studied Beethoven's 9th Symphony. I learned how to analyze and dissect this piece of music. I have really grown to love it. At the very beginning, one can faintly hear the instruments. They are very quiet and seem relatively unimportant and then... BAM the music really starts.
Including all four movements, this piece is more than an hour long. I have never listened to the entire song in one sitting, but even through listening to the movements separately, the piece seems to speak right to my soul. I feel like it describes my life. It's like the musical version of my experiences and emotions, all wound up and nicely packaged together. There are intense moments, loud moments, and slow/ quiet moments. It is a beautiful representation of life. Close up, life is messy and chaotic. Even ugly and repulsive at times, but when we step back and look at the past, we can see the beautiful mosaic of lessons learned. Like this song, it comes together in a most beautiful and appealing way. I have included the first movement of the song in the playlist at the bottom of the page, just in case you would like to listen to one of the most amazing songs ever composed. Bach's Cello Suites is another piece that seems to describe life through the medium of song.
I didn't blog last month! I broke my once-per-month post streak. Oh well! I have some old pictures that I took on my phone. I would like to share them with you, my dear blogger friends (?)

Including all four movements, this piece is more than an hour long. I have never listened to the entire song in one sitting, but even through listening to the movements separately, the piece seems to speak right to my soul. I feel like it describes my life. It's like the musical version of my experiences and emotions, all wound up and nicely packaged together. There are intense moments, loud moments, and slow/ quiet moments. It is a beautiful representation of life. Close up, life is messy and chaotic. Even ugly and repulsive at times, but when we step back and look at the past, we can see the beautiful mosaic of lessons learned. Like this song, it comes together in a most beautiful and appealing way. I have included the first movement of the song in the playlist at the bottom of the page, just in case you would like to listen to one of the most amazing songs ever composed. Bach's Cello Suites is another piece that seems to describe life through the medium of song.
I didn't blog last month! I broke my once-per-month post streak. Oh well! I have some old pictures that I took on my phone. I would like to share them with you, my dear blogger friends (?)

Spencer sleeping. I just thought this was funny :)
My roommate wrote this on the white board. We had that Monday off for Memorial Day. Is that what it was? I can't remember, it was some holiday!
This is my chicken, Henry. I trained him for my Psychology class. He was such a good chicken, I guess... I marked his head blue so that I would know he was mine. He looked like he had blue hair, he was cool. I hope he was a boy at least. ha
I wish I would have rotated this image to the left, but I am tired. Maybe I will do it later. Anyway, this very random picture is my desktop picture at work. It makes me laugh and in a weird way, I like the message. Be free...and blend in to the sky! What??
Now I have a rat for Psych. My lab partner named him Splinter, but I refer to him as George, or Peter. He is cool, we are teaching him to swim and climb and other awesome things. I get to play with him in the morning.
This is my Kelli countdown! Now it is down to one day! She will be here Saturday night, I can't wait to have her here. I love Kelli girl so much :)
I dyed my hair about a month ago. I like it now, after getting used to it.






You're ahead of me - I don't think I've ever listened to Beethoven's symphony, nor do I think I ever will. Hats off to you!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the random photos :)
Have fun with Kelli!!!
Love you!
I kind of put the one up of Spencer just for you! I might be going to Provo in about 2 weeks, I want to come see you if I do!
ReplyDeleteCami, you should maybe blog more than once a month because I am following you now and I want to read all about your life. Also, can we please be friends again? Because I miss your sunshine in my life. I loved seeing you in the office today?
ReplyDeleteUm, so I meant to put an exclamation point at the end of that. Sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own. Sorry! You'll have to take it up with them. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing you in the office today!
That's more like.