Scatter-Brained
While I don't exactly fit the definition of, "A giddy or thoughtless person; one incapable of concentration or attention" like the dictionary claims, but I am definitely subject to "concentration loss." While I am pretty darn good at multi-tasking, it seems to get a little out of hand sometimes. For example, when I clean my room, make my bed, or try to accomplish anything that takes a series of steps to complete, it takes me a very long time to complete. It takes so long because I try to do 50 things at the same time! For example, on Wednesday I was cleaning my room for clean checks and this was my train of thought:
Okay, I need to wrap up the cord from the vacuum so I can put it away.
Oh, look my bed isn't made.
(At this point I literally dropped the cord in the middle of wrapping it around my arm)
I need to fold my blankets
Oh, there's the shirt I didn't fold this morning.
(Drop blankets on bed and pick up shirt, after folding the shirt I almost trip over the vacuum cord)
Seriously! I just dropped the cord in the middle of wrapping it?
A narrative similar to this one is constantly running through my mind. However, in the end, I get everything done and I do it a pretty good job too.
I don't really know how to transition between the two subjects, so..
INSERT WELL-WRITTEN TRANSITION HERE
For Halloween we dressed up using the stuff we had. Which meant, the only plausible option was to be classy ladies from the 40's/50's. That makes complete sense right? Although I used basically the same clothes that I wear to church, I tried to wear them differently, more fancifully.
Sam, Saunch, and I crashed the dance party at the Hart gym. There was only half an hour left of the dance, but we had fun being crazy. I love my friends, they are so great. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Here are some pictures from Halloween, and random ones from this semester :)
We are so silly, I love us Heidi's wedding dress is beautiful!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete"...the dictionary claims..." Seriously? it "claims", like there is some other irrefutable source where one could acquire a defenition. haha you are the best!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love the labels on the pictures, a testament to your non-scatter brain-ness.
So, I do the same thing with housework multi-tasking--I call it "puttering," because it takes me forever to get anything done! But, I was reading this tip online about setting your timer for 15 minutes and focusing on one task (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, clutter, etc.) It has really helped me out! Try it sometime when you don't have the time to "putter"--you'll be amazed at how much you get done!
ReplyDelete