A Walk around Rexburg
We reach the top of the hill where the beautiful Rexburg, Idaho Temple is. Of course we had to laugh when there was a wedding. Getting married is the thing to do.
Up passed the temple, there are beautiful houses with beautiful yards. Real families with parents that have steady incomes do live here. They even have time and money to make their yards look amazing. Sam loves her some nice lookin' bushes.
My camera phone doesn't really do the scene any justice, but this field was frosted with purple flowers. The mountains were spectacular in the background, although you can hardly see them here. You will have to trust me on this one.
At the very top of the hill stands the water tower, bearing the proud name of Rexburg. Well I don't know how proud it is, but it's a lovely town.
And then we reached the end of this road where there are huge green fields. It is around this area of town that I think the best views are found. To the west you can see far out where mountains lie in every direction. To the east, there is nothing but green, rolling hills that meet the clouds on the horizon.
We made it back to the temple! On the way down the hill another tremendous view was revealed. I wish you could see how it really looked. This looks gloomy and dull. It was kind of gloomy, but there was a certain glow that is missing in the pictures. Anyways, it was such a good walk and it set a great mood for the rest of the day.
We had a dessert party at our house last night too! What a great way to end the day, with a bunch of my good friends and dessert! Two of my favorite things in the world. Wait! That's not even how it ended. We watched The Blind Side. Such a good movie and if you haven't seen it, you need to. Basically, it was such a good day. This weekend is proving to be fantastic. I realized that I used the word beautiful a lot in this post, well it is very fitting. Now I must go get ready for church, I am speaking today! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Cami! This is beautiful! I am so glad you are finding the beauty in Rexburg!
ReplyDeleteNice cam, you've always had a way with words... :) I love you and I miss you incredibly. Please come visit when you get home! Oh and if you need some recipes for more dessert parties you know who to ask! ME! I <3 dessert! haha and got a few good things up my sleeve! haha Oh and the blind side... I absolutely love:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your talk was fabulous...ya?
ReplyDeleteIf I came to Rexburg, could we go on this long walk? It sounds dreamy :)