Naturally...

I can't believe how fast time is going by. My first year in college was two years ago. Seems like I barely graduated sometimes. Here at Jacob Lake time is warped. The days are all smushed (yeah smushed) together and the only defining lines between days are what activities we have after closing each night. Sunday: Church, Monday: Meeting, Tuesday: Volleyball, Wednesday: Mission Prep (yeah awesome huh!), Thursday: Movie Night!, Friday: Party Time!!, Saturday: Relief Society. Yep, that's what makes each day different than the others. Wake up, work, sleep, eat, go for a run (sometimes,) eat, sleep, but most importantly have FUN!

This has been a quite a different experience. Coming here is hard for some people. I mean, the closest town/ store is almost 40 miles away. Family and friends are hard to reach because phone and internet service stinks out here. Some days it feels like you'll never leave this place. It hasn't been that way for me. I really like it here and it has been good for me. I have been forced to see things in my life that I need to work on because there are no distractions. I can focus on what I want. No homework assignments, no dating complications, no TV, no Facebook (most the time,) no worries. Except work, but that's another paragraph... Basically I can see who I really am, and who I don't want to be.

I have never had a more stressful job. Learning to prioritize 50 things into the highest importance has been a good lesson to learn. Having people get mad at me for things completely out of, and in my control has been a different experience. Sometimes I feel like throwing things when I'm working. It's so stressful and for some reason I get irritated/ annoyed/ angry/ sad very very easily. I am learning to control these emotions. Before working here I can't remember getting mad, really mad more often than twice a year. But here it's a lot more often and easier to slip into that and start saying things to my coworkers that I shouldn't. Example: Luke is a hard worker, probably one of the smartest guys I know. Man, does he know how to annoy me. The poor kid. One day he kept telling me how to do things (that I already knew how to do) He says: Don't put that there. I say: Don't talk to me! Wow Cami, really? Did you just say that? So rude...

I guess my natural tendencies tend to come out in such a natural setting. Overcoming the "natural man." That's what I'm doing, and I will succeed.

Comments

  1. I have a feeling we could talk for hours and hours and still not be caught up! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts