What do I love?
Having a passion for something is an important thing. Oliver asked me what I love, and I told him I have been trying to figure that out. There are a lot of things that I enjoy doing, so what defines what I love and what is just enjoyable?
I love natural beauty.
(This picture is from google, I did not take it)
Is is it possible to be passionate about liking to look at things? So then I think, why do I love this? The most plausible answer I have come up with is the way it makes me feel. It makes me feel good and positive and like there are so many wonderful things I can do in my life. It brings a feeling of peace and contentment. Is that why we, as humans, love things? Because of the way they make us feel? Seems right on for me.
I love people. Friends, family, leaders, everyone.
These are the "Swim team leaders" I guess you could say, although a few girls are missing. Laura and I coached together and I love her so much! (She is the other girl in the picture) Oliver is not looking, not sure what he is doing! I only met them 3 1/2 months ago, but I feel deeply connected to them, not all of them, but most of them. There are many people that have shaped my life and continue to have a great influence on me. Kelli is one of them, my parents are definitely two people that have made me who I am. I sometimes wonder why I am the way I am, and the things my parents have taught me (either by word or action) covers a lot. But there is still more, I am my own person. I'm also going off on a tangent, I will stick to the subject...
I love sports.
Oh I love soccer! I remember the way I felt when I would play a game, such a rush. I was so passionate about it. It hurt when we lost, and it was the best feeling to score a goal. I miss it more than anything. I also love swimming (of course,) volleyball, basketball, running (it's growing in me,) tennis, oh all of them. Being part of a team is more than just showing up for practices and games, it's about being there for each other and accomplishing something that is beyond yourself as an individual. Team bonding is one of the strongest, besides family relationships of course. Sports have been part of my life and part of who I am for as long as I can remember. Ask anyone about the Williams family and the sports probably comes to mind. I am passionate about sports, but they are only temporal. They all eventually end, and at some point or another I realized that life is not about sports, nor should it be.
I love music and art and learning about them.
This is why I love my humanities classes. Not only do we learn about music and art, but the people who produced them and why they did. Art can make me feel things that words cannot. Music can express the way I'm feeling better than I can sometimes.
Those are a few of the things that I love. Honestly, I don't know who is even reading this, or who even cares, but I felt like I needed to write it down. Make a list of what I love so I can see it and try to explain to myself, and others, why I love it. Somehow I need to channel these things I am passionate about into a major. Why do I have to have a major? I am going to major in being human, does that work? Or I could major in "University Studies" which translates as I am majoring in being a college student (credit to Laura's friend for thinking of that one.) It seems as though I need to figure this out... hopefully, eventually, I will.



Ah! I give up, I tried to fix the layout like 5 times...
ReplyDeleteCami,
ReplyDeleteI think you do have it all figured out. Being human is the most important thing and then you have to go from there. You don't have to pick the one thing you love the most to major in. You will continue to learn your whole life. So pick something that just makes you happy, or makes money, or that's a great back up plan. That's really the best advice I can give.
Kristine
Cami I don't even remember asking you this question. But I am glad you answered it.
ReplyDeleteI'm not that aggressive. I'm all talk and no action.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, it reminds me of Oliver :)
ReplyDelete